On 1 August 2018 Wikisage, the free encyclopedia of the second generation, celebrated its 10-year anniversary!
Wikisage:Names of users
Your username is the name by which you are (will be) known on Wikisage. With some restrictions, you can choose it yourself.
Criteria for a good name
In general, a username should not cause confusion or be offensive. This is judged on a case-by-case basis. As a guideline, the following should always be avoided:
- a name equal to a wiki or Wikisage term (such as User or Template);
- a name including words like admin or sysop that falsely convey a sense of authority;
- a name shorter than 3 characters or longer than 30;
- a name that is not well readable (prounounceable is not necessary);
- a name that includes too many apparantly random letters or numbers;
- a name that contains special characters that are used by the software (e.g., a name cannot begin with an exclamation mark or a colon).
Pseudonym or real name?
Each user is free to choose a pseudonym or their real name. Using your real name has the consequence that everyone can know what you do on Wikisage. That has advantages as well as disadvantages, and everybody is allowed to make their own assesment.