Wikisage, the free encyclopedia of the second generation, is digital heritage
Difference between revisions of "The Russian Bride"
(cinepocalypse ref, infobox: music - César Benito, John Murphy, runtime 100m)
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
An official movie trailer was released 3 December 2017. ''The Russian Bride''
An official movie trailer was released 3 December 2017. ''The Russian Bride''</ref>
2018,  ''The Russian Bride'' ), ,
Revision as of 17:39, 6 July 2018
|The Russian Bride|
|Director||Michael S. Ojeda|
|Producer||Philip J. Day, Jeff Miller, Stephen Gregory Curtis, Jason Gurvitz, Guido den Broeder, Gregory O'Gallagher, Kimberley T. Zulkowski, Henri Penzi|
|Writer||Michael S. Ojeda|
|Starring||Corbin Bernsen, Kristina Pimenova, Oksana Orlan|
|Music||César Benito, John Murphy|
Edge West Productions
Pay It Forward Entertainment
The Russian Bride is an American horror thriller motion picture written and directed by Michael S. Ojeda, starring Corbin Bernsen, Kristina Pimenova and Oksana Orlan. Producers include Jeff Miller and Philip J Day.
Principal photography on location in Lake Orion, Michigan occurred in March 2017. Post-production was entered in May and completed in December, following the release of the official trailer. After market screenings in Berlin and Cannes, The Russian Bride had it's world premiere 26 June 2018 at the Cinepocalypse genre film festival in Chicago.
Karl Frederick, an American billionaire living in a mansion outside Detroit, browses the internet for a new bride. He finds Nina, a beautiful Russian woman, and invites her and her 11-year old daughter Dasha to come to America.
- Every year, men entice Internet brides to a foreign land, only to treat their new wives as slaves. Behind tightly closed doors, neighbors, and even police, often ignore their cries for help. It’s a huge problem that needs light to be focused on to it.
The Russian Bride is a low-budget film by independent film company Reigning Entertainment. A limited liability company was set up in Michigan to facilitate its production. Most of the film's budget has been funded by private investors.
The film counts a number of producers and executive producers, none associated with larger film studios. Ojeda has teamed up with Day (The Amityville Terror), Gurvitz (Avenged), Curtis and Zulkowski (53206: Milwaukee) before. Miller wrote and produced The Burning Dead. One of the executive producers is Wikisage owner Guido den Broeder, making the movie an international co-production.
The film features child model Kristina Pimenova in her first lead role as Dasha. Oksana Orlan, Ojeda's award-winning star in Lana's Rain, plays Nina, the bride. Corbin Bernsen, known for his role as Arnold Becker in L.A. Law, is billionaire Karl Frederick.
- Kristina Pimenova is a talented and beautiful young model, and with the support of fans we hope this movie is the stepping stone to a huge career as an actress.
And upon the release of the official movie trailer:
- With over 6 million social media followers, many fans will see the future star in her first major acting role.
Supporting characters include Karl's maid Maria, his driver Hagen, and uncle Yuri. The teaser trailer shows cameo appearances by producer Jeff Miller (clergyman) and Kristina's mother Glikeriya Pimenova (bride picture).
- Corbin Bernsen as Karl Frederick
- Oksana Orlan as Nina
- Kristina Pimenova as Dasha
- Ken Beaudin as Doctor and Priest
- Michael Robert Brandon as Hagen
- John Paul Brandt as Cranston
- Guido den Broeder as Doctor
- Blake Brown as Tyler
- Lisa Goodman as Maria
- Natasha Goubskaya as Anya
- Keenan Johnston as Buchanan
- Alison Korman as Olga
- Maryanne Nagel as Cousin Blanche
- Justin Nelson as Relative
- Gregory O'Gallagher as Keller
- Yefim Somin as Uncle Yuri
- Nica Sorokine as Mean Girl
- Clement Valentine as The Surgeon
- Lyudmila Velikaya as Nina's Mother
- Yuliya Zelenskaya as Lucia
- Zeus as Reign
Pre-production saw the release of a 3-minute promotional trailer on January 18, 2017. This was followed by a crowdfunding action for additional financial support. Donations amounted to over $15,000 in exchange for a variety of perks.
An official movie trailer was released 3 December 2017. One journalist called the film one of the most anticipated movies for 2018, stressing that director Ojeda has the full support of the producers.
In 2018, sales agent VMI Worldwide presented The Russian Bride at the film markets of Berlin and Cannes. The movie had its public opening night 26 June 2018 at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago, as part of the Cinepocalypse film festival. Orlan, Ojeda, and various other cast and crew members attended.
A theatrical release date has not yet been set. The crowdfunding page also indicates a release on DVD.
- Official website
- The Russian Bride on Facebook
- The Russian Bride at the Internet Movie Database
- The Russian Bride - Teaser Trailer on Vimeo
- The Russian Bride - Official Movie Trailer on Vimeo