Wikisage, the free encyclopedia of the second generation
Difference between revisions of "The Russian Bride"
(→External links: official movie trailer)
|Line 97:||Line 97:|
''The Russian Bride'' is expected to be presented at [[film festival]]s.<ref name=DreadCentral2 /> The crowdfunding page
''The Russian Bride'' is expected to be presented at [[film festival]]s.<ref name=DreadCentral2 /> The crowdfunding page also indicates a release on DVD.<ref name=Indiegogo />
Revision as of 12:54, 4 December 2017
|The Russian Bride|
|Director||Michael S. Ojeda|
|Producer||Philip J. Day, Jeff Miller, Stephen Gregory Curtis, Jason Gurvitz, Guido den Broeder, Gregory O'Gallagher, Kimberley T. Zulkowski, Henri Penzi|
|Writer||Michael S. Ojeda|
|Starring||Corbin Bernsen, Kristina Pimenova, Oksana Orlan|
The Russian Bride is an upcoming American horror thriller motion picture written and directed by Michael S. Ojeda, starring Corbin Bernsen, Kristina Pimenova and Oksana Orlan. Producers include Jeff Miller and Philip J Day.
Karl Frederick, an American billionaire living in a mansion outside Detroit, browses the internet for a new bride. He finds Nina, a beautiful Russian woman, and invites her and her 11-year old daughter Dasha to come to America.
- Every year, men entice Internet brides to a foreign land, only to treat their new wives as slaves. Behind tightly closed doors, neighbors, and even police, often ignore their cries for help. It’s a huge problem that needs light to be focused on to it.
The Russian Bride is a low-budget film by independent film company Reigning Entertainment. A limited liability company was set up in Michigan to facilitate its production. Most of the film's budget has been funded by private investors.
The film counts a number of producers and executive producers, none associated with larger film studios. Ojeda has teamed up with Day (The Amityville Terror), Gurvitz (Avenged), Curtis and Zulkowski (53206: Milwaukee) before. Miller wrote and produced The Burning Dead.
The film features child model Kristina Pimenova, who has millions of followers on social media, in her first lead role as Dasha. Former Miss Ukraine Oksana Orlan (Orlenko), Ojeda's award-winning star in Lana's Rain, plays Nina, the bride. Corbin Bernsen, known for his role as Arnold Becker in L.A. Law, is billionaire Karl Frederick.
- Kristina Pimenova is a talented and beautiful young model, and with the support of fans we hope this movie is the stepping stone to a huge career as an actress.
Supporting characters include Karl's maid Maria, his driver Hagen, and uncle Yuri. The teaser trailer shows cameo appearances by producer Jeff Miller (clergyman) and Kristina's mother Glikeriya Pimenova (bride picture).
- Corbin Bernsen as Karl Frederick
- Oksana Orlan as Nina
- Kristina Pimenova as Dasha
- Ken Beaudin as Doctor and Priest
- Michael Robert Brandon as Hagen
- John Paul Brandt as Cranston
- Guido den Broeder as Doctor
- Blake Brown as Tyler
- Lisa Goodman as Maria
- Natasha Goubskaya as Anya
- Keenan Johnston as Buchanan
- Alison Korman as Olga
- Maryanne Nagel as Cousin Blanche
- Justin Nelson as Relative
- Gregory O'Gallagher as Keller
- Yefim Somin as Uncle Yuri
- Nica Sorokine as Mean Girl
- Clement Valentine as The Surgeon
- Lyudmila Velikaya as Nina's Mother
- Yuliya Zelenskaya as Lucia
- Zeus as Reign
Pre-production saw the release of a 3-minute promotional trailer on January 18, 2017. This was followed by a crowdfunding action for additional financial support. Donations amounted to over $15,000 in exchange for a variety of perks.
- Official website
- The Russian Bride on Facebook
- The Russian Bride at the Internet Movie Database
- The Russian Bride - Teaser Trailer on Vimeo
- The Russian Bride - Official Movie Trailer on Vimeo