Wikisage, the free encyclopedia of the second generation, is digital heritage
Difference between revisions of "Myalgic encephalomyelitis nomenclature"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→Umbrella diagnoses: -pathy)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
[[Post-viral fatigue syndrome]] (PVFS)
Revision as of 12:05, 10 December 2008
Main article: Myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Myalgic encephalopathy, sometimes also abbreviated as ME, is a general term that denotes a central nervous system pathology with muscle pain, without specifying a specific disorder or disease process. Nancy Klimas, president of the IACFS/ME, has been quoted to say that by 2008 inflammation (-itis) can be identified in 80% of all patients with ME/CFS. The remaining 20% would still classify as myalgic encephalopathy.
- Post-viral fatigue syndrome (PVFS)
- Low natural killer (cell) syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS)
- Yuppie flu
- ME/CFS or CFS/ME