Wikisage, the free encyclopedia of the second generation, is digital heritage

Difference between revisions of "Myalgic encephalomyelitis nomenclature"

From Wikisage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(setup)
 
(Umbrella diagnoses: -pathy)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
===Umbrella diagnoses===
 
===Umbrella diagnoses===
 
;Current
 
;Current
:[[Myalgic encephalopathy]]
+
* [[Myalgic encephalopathy]], sometimes also abbreviated as ME, is a general term that denotes a [[central nervous system]] [[pathology]] with muscle pain, without specifying a specific [[disorder]] or [[disease]] process. [[Nancy Klimas]], president of the [[IACFS/ME]], has been quoted to say that by 2008 [[inflammation]] (-itis) can be identified in 80% of all patients with ME/CFS. The remaining 20% would still classify as myalgic encephalopathy.<ref>Carson R (2008), "Founder’s Corner: Fair Name Campaign Update - Exciting New Direction", May 19, [http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=8864&t=CFIDS_FM 20081210]</ref>
:[[Post-viral fatigue syndrome]] (PVFS)
+
* [[Post-viral fatigue syndrome]] (PVFS)
  
 
;Historical
 
;Historical

Revision as of 12:05, 10 December 2008

Disease classification WHO
G93.3 Postviral fatigue syndrome
Benign myalgic encephalomyelitis

Main article: Myalgic encephalomyelitis

Diagnosis

Umbrella diagnoses

Current
Historical
Effort syndrome
Muscular rheumatism

Alternative diagnoses

Current
Low natural killer (cell) syndrome
Historical
Atypical poliomyelitis
Epidemic neuromyasthenia
Outbreaks
Iceland disease or Akureyri disease
Royal Free disease
Tapanui flu

Working diagnoses

Current
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
Chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS)
Historical
Yuppie flu

Symptoms

Related terms

ME/CFS or CFS/ME


References

References:
  1. Carson R (2008), "Founder’s Corner: Fair Name Campaign Update - Exciting New Direction", May 19, 20081210